Sunday, May 20, 2012

Bay to Breakers 2012

This is my fourth B2B.  I was intending to run as a zombie, with an in-zombie joke I won't bother to explain, but just couldn't get it together.  So I ran non-descript, but did good time wise.


It was a strangely quiet race, making me long for the time when college kids puked in the bushes.  And there were not many bands or music systems set up.  The Mushuga Beach Party was out and about, playing hassidic surf tunes, and the hare krishna duo at Stanyan were doing their weird proselytizing, but not much else.

So I guess the take away from this year is:  bring back the beer.

(Here's my report on my first B2B:  link)

(And here are my results, dug out of my email, for past years:

Total time: 1:14:24 
Pace: 9:59/mile
Rankings overall: 3828th
Rankings among males: 2914th
Ranking among male 40-49: 665th

665th for the old guys! Whoo hoo!

They calculated about 30,000 registered runners and about the same number unregistered (i.e., without any stats).

(For comparison, from 2007:
Total time: 1:15:02
Ranking overall: 5017th
Ranking among males: 3800th
Ranking among males 30-39: 1077)