Let's see, not too much coherence here at the end of the day, not a particularly difficult day at work, but I'm pretty fagged out. Still, it felt like a pretty good day, mostly because I felt that I handled my moods well. I woke up with a dose of nebulous anxiety, but worked with it, particularly with the resource tapping. Early in the day, I did the safety resourcing--summoning a picture that conveys a felt sense of safety, and then tapping my knees to get my brain to remember...believe it or not--and then one with an inner counsel figure--who turns out to be someone named Xavier, go figure, and he sits on top a slab of beginner rock up at Donner Pass. There wasn't an overwhelming change in mood in the moment, though there was a little relief. But what I noticed through the afternoon was a greater sense of ease, and especially a great if gentle sense of diminishment in what feels sometimes like I'm living a the end of the earth. There's a loneliness to being here on Sunday that sometimes triggers a bleakness that's hard to kick. But today, there was a sense of having sympathetic and supportive company. Weird but true.
What this resource tapping is teaching me is how much one can intentionally manipulate one's psyche in the same way that you can manipulate your body when you are uncomfortable. If you're sitting in a certain posture and get crooked, you just shift into another comfortable position. No magic, no struggle. The same can be true of the mind. You notice discomfort, you call forth an image of a pleasant feeling, and the psyche shifts or calms down. Voila!
I guess in the past, this felt like cheating, or somehow wrong. But here, with the resource work, it's simply you changing you. There's no one to pass your decision by, and no one outside of you presenting the resource. Just what's in the brain already, and you're simply choosing to connect up the parts.
But I think that